From: Joshua D. Moore (joshuadmoore_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2012 - 14:56:41 CDT

Thanks. I will try this.

Also can VMD render POVRay files which have text drawn from VMD's
"draw text" commands? I've been trying some tests, but I don't see
any of the text that I displayed within VMD in the generated *pov file
or in the rendered image. I noticed something on the development
page, that this was worked on??? for VMD 1.9 final release on March
14, 2011 which I am using.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.9/devel.html

I saw a few other posts for people using Axel's timeline scripts who
also had similar issues, but this was a couple years ago.