From: satya kumar (mail2mvskumar_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2012 - 10:11:19 CDT

According to the Gromacs fixed format, reducing the number of digits after
the decimal point will not effect the number of digits before the decimal.
If by chance the positions change, then this effects the decimal period
position. This is because of the decimal period has to be aligned.

Thanks,
Satya.