From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2012 - 07:28:09 CDT

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Víctor <victor.gil.sepulveda_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I mean the superposition algorithm for rmsd calculation. In a script the
> command would be measure fit if i'm not wrong.

ok. from the sources:

// find the best fit alignment to take the first structure into the second
// Put the result in the matrix 'mat'
// This algorithm comes from Kabsch, Acta Cryst. (1978) A34, 827-828.

please note, that for up to three atoms in the selection,
different approaches are used.

HTH,
    axel.