From: Shyno Mathew (sm3334_at_columbia.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 08:09:43 CDT

Hello everyone,

I just downloaded VMD 1.9, LINUX_64 OpenGL,
CUDA<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/Download/download.cgi?UserID=&AccessCode=&ArchiveID=1089>(Linux
(64-bit Intel/AMD x86) with CUDA

Then as mentioned in the VMD website I issued the following commands:
cd vmd-1.9
su
As root when I issued the following command:
./configure
I got the message:
using configure.options: LINUXAMD64 OPENGL FLTK TK ACTC CUDA IMD LIBSBALL
XINERAMA XINPUT LIBTACHYON VRPN NETCDF TCL PYTHON PTHREADS NUMPY SILENT
cd /src
make install
with the above command I got the following message:
Info: /bin/csh shell not found, installing Bourne shell startup script
instead
Make sure /usr/local/bin/vmd is in your path.
VMD installation complete. Enjoy!

So I thought installation was successful!!
I also added the path in .bashrc, the command vmd is active.
But when I type the command 'vmd' I am getting this message:
/usr/local/bin/vmd: line 477: /usr/local/lib/vmd/vmd_LINUX: No such file or
directory

Thanks
Shyno

--