From: Reza Khalkhali (khalkhali.reza_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2012 - 03:51:38 CDT

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Reza Khalkhali
> <khalkhali.reza_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> > I\ve compiled vmd with its plugins from source code. after compilation
> vmd
> > runs OK but it's missing the controlling panel so i have to do everything
> > like saving and loading files in terminal.
> > is it a configure option's selection matter or just a displaying wrong
> > settings?!
> >
> > I make it with this configure options"
> > ./configure LINUX MESA TK TCL PTHREADS
>
> you're missing FLTK.
>
> axel
>

> > thank you for your help.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Reza Khalkhali
> >

> --
> Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer
> akohlmey_at_gmail.com http://goo.gl/1wk0
>
> College of Science and Technology

Thank you Dr.Kohlmeyer
 But when I add FLTK to my configure line the "make" command doesn't work
like before ending an error : "collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [vmd_LINUX] Error 1"

I've installed all the required packages!

the webpage* I'm being instructed suggests the mentioned configure option
and says that I'm supposed to get 3 windows including the console. *
http://debianclusters.org/index.php/NAMD:_Building_vmd

--
*Reza Khalkhali*
Undergraduate