From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2012 - 16:26:26 CDT

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM, mohammad agha <mra_bu_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Dr. Kohlmeyer
>
> Thank you very much from your help.
> My system is 64bit and I am trying to install a 64bit version of VMD.

but did you download the correct 64-bit version?
since you seem to make your life needlessly
miserable by installing an obsolete version of
VMD, you have to consider that at this time,
VMD would ship in two 64-bit variants, one for
Itanium processors (may they rest in peace)
and one for x86_64 processors.

my appraisal of the situation remains, that
you most likely are trying to install a package
for the wrong CPU architecture.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer