From: Magnus Andersson (magnus_at_helium.biomol.uci.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2012 - 18:42:21 CDT

Hi all,

I would like to align my crystal structure with its accompanying electron density surface on my simulation. The simulated system has a different center since I used "Orient" to recenter the protein and membrane before the simulation. Now, all volumetric maps are centered differently compared to the electron density map - you see the problem.

Is there a way I can center the crystal structure AND the electron density map onto the simulated structure? I tried to use "Orient" on the electron density map but that doesn't work.

Perhaps I could get the difference vectors between the structures (by using align) and then apply these vectors on the map. I don't know if this is going to work or how to perform the steps...

Thanks

Magnus Andersson

Magnus Andersson, PhD
Department of Physiology and Biophysics