From: FX (fxcoudert_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2012 - 14:06:06 CDT

Dear John,

> Which versions of Tk and FLTK did you link against? Apple has made
> some changes to the way their MacOS X application initialization works with
> the latest versions, and it appears from your traceback that you're using
> a version of Tk that isn't working well with the new system. I have had to
> work with the authors of FLTK and Tk to get past various initialization
> problems that afflicted the 64-bit MacOS X versions of VMD, your problem
> seems similar, which is why I ask about the particular versions of those
> two libraries that you're using.

Oh, I remember reporting this bug report to you on one of the early VMD 1.9.1 builds, I think.

I am using Lion's system Tk, which is Tk 8.5, and FLTK 1.3.0. I am building everything with a 32-bit compiler just to make sure I avoid the issue you encountered with 64-bit FLTK/Tk interaction.

Thanks,
FX