From: Benjamin Kaduk (kaduk_at_mit.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2012 - 21:57:22 CDT

% STRIDE is used by VMD to compute the secondary structure given the
% protein 3D coordinates. The appropriate STRIDE binary is included in
% the VMD binary distribution. To compile it yourself, see
% http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/stride/stride_info.html for information
% on how to get the source and see ./lib/stride for information on how
% to use it with VMD. This code should be modified in two ways:

It seems that that quoted URL no longer points to anything useful, instead
yielding a "page not found" landing site.
If memory serves me correctly, I can find
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/extsrcs/Stride_src.tar.Z and
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/software/unix/stride/src/stride.tar.gz , but
embl-heidelberg.de seems to no longer host anything STRIDE-related.

I've been using the tarball hosted on ks.uiuc.edu (and I guess I assume
everybody else is, too?), but it's probably worth updating the README to
point somewhere useful.

-Ben Kaduk