From: Peter C. Lai (pcl_at_uab.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 03 2012 - 17:50:00 CST

I have a silly question:

Is there a way to get a selection to include all atoms connected to the
resid of another selection?

For example in my given structure I want to select all waters where
z > 87, but at z near 87 if I do "z > 87 and resname SOL", it will give me
waters with missing atoms at the cutoff interface. Is there a way to get the
selection to include the entire resid without having to parse the return of
$sel get resid and then construct a new selection string?

This would also help with incomplete selections using the within keyword
as well...

Peter C. Lai			| University of Alabama-Birmingham
Programmer/Analyst		| KAUL 752A
Genetics, Div. of Research	| 705 South 20th Street
pcl_at_uab.edu			| Birmingham AL 35294-4461
(205) 690-0808			|