From: Bjoern Olausson (namdlist_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2011 - 01:37:04 CST

Hi,

I just rendered a scene where I moved some atom labels next to the VDW
representation so they are visible.

Rendering the scene with POVRAY resets the label positions to their default
position.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/42111605/1/vmd?h=77432b

I tried with Tachyon, but Tachyon seems to be broken on my system, but any
way, tachyon wouldn't be an option since it cant produce transparent
background, or can it?

This is the tachyon error:

Info) Rendering current scene to '/mnt/mrbird/home/blub/binding-site-
detail.dat' ...
Info) Tachyon file generation finished
Info) Executing post-render cmd '"/usr/bin/tachyon" -aasamples 12
/mnt/mrbird/home/blub/binding-site-detail.dat -format TARGA -o
/mnt/mrbird/home/blub/binding-site-detail.dat.tga' ...
Tachyon Parallel/Multiprocessor Ray Tracer Version 0.98.9
Copyright 1994-2010, John E. Stone <john.stone_at_gmail.com>
Parse Error:
   Encountered a syntax error in file /mnt/mrbird/home/blub/binding-site-
detail.dat
   Expected to find TEXFUNC
   Actually found: R3D
   Error occured at or prior to file offset 28655232, line 1140658
   Error position is only approximate, but should be close

Parse Error:
   Encountered a syntax error in file /mnt/mrbird/home/blub/binding-site-
detail.dat
   Expected to find an object or other declaration
   Actually found: Phong
   Error occured at or prior to file offset 28655240, line 1140658
   Error position is only approximate, but should be close

Parser failed due to an input file syntax error.
Aborting render.
Info) Rendering complete.

Anny sugestions?

Cheers,