From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 10:17:49 CDT

Dear Hitoshi,
  There's not any special built-in feature for doing this, but since
VMD provides support for user-drawn graphics primitives via the scripting
interface, you should be able to do this with a Tcl script, depending on
what these specific visualizations involve:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node116.html
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node113.html#ug:ui:text:draw

Some examples:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/highlight_bases/