From: Gianluca Interlandi (gianluca_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 06 2011 - 00:04:42 CDT

Hi!

I am trying to execute a python script in VMD, but I get some problem when

Info) Starting Python...
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ValueError: vmdnumpy module not available.
Info) Text interpreter now Python
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "VMD", line 24, in <module>
ImportError: No module named optparse
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/home/gianluca/VMD/vmd-1.8.7/lib/vmd/scripts/python/Tkinter.py",
line 59, in <module>
     import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for
Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter

The following packages related to python/tk are installed on my system:

python-2.6.5-2.11.x86_64
python-tk-2.6.5-3.3.1.x86_64
tk-8.5.8-3.1.x86_64
tk-devel-8.5.8-3.1.x86_64
tcl-8.5.8-4.53.x86_64
tcl-devel-8.5.8-4.53.x86_64

Any advice what I need to do to enable the tkinter module?

Thanks,

      Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca_at_u.washington.edu
                     +1 (206) 685 4435
                     http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Postdoc at the Department of Bioengineering