From: Ignacio Fernández Galván (jellby_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2011 - 06:08:13 CDT

Hi all,

I normally use Linux, and not Windows, so please forgive if this is something obvious that I should know. The problem with Windows is that when I create some files from within VMD (for instance with the volmap plugin), the file is created by default in the folder where VMD is installed ("C:\Program Files\University of Illinois\VMD" or something like that), and what's worse, the files are created with a padlock icon. The icon itself would not matter much, but it means that the file is not visible from outside VMD, and it cannot be found in a search, or copied elsewhere.

I cannot understand this behaviour, the Windows machine are single-user, the same user running VMD cannot copy the file. So, is there a way to avoid having the files locked, and to remove the padlocks?

Thank you,
Ignacio