From: Hurt, Darrell (NIH/NIAID) [E] (darrellh_at_niaid.nih.gov)
Date: Fri Sep 16 2011 - 10:17:54 CDT

Hi Santhosh,

This may break protocol, but I find for simple clustering, it might be easier to use the MD Movie tool in UCSF Chimera. They have an easy-to-use clustering algorithm based on http://peds.oxfordjournals.org/content/9/11/1063 that "just works".

Also, 16,000 frames for an 8 ns simulation seems like a little bit of overkill, unless you know that you need that kind of temporal resolution to build representative structures. Perhaps you could make things a little easier by pruning down the frames from every 500 fs to perhaps every 10 ps or even 100 ps to get a more manageable number of frames (800 or even 80 frames).

YMMV,
Darrell