From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 14:56:18 CDT

Hi,
  You've just discovered the 32-bit addressing limit. :-)
Unless you're using a 64-bit computer (i.e. Sun, SGI, IBM RS/6000,
Itanium, or Opteron / Athlon64) you are not going to be able to easily
load files that are larger than 2GB. You didn't mention which version
of VMD you're using nor which platform you're running on, but it definitely
sounds to me like you're running on a 32-bit machine (or at least a 32-bit
version of VMD).

If you have a 64-bit Sun, SGI, etc sitting around in your lab, that's
going to be the easiest way for you to load the large file. We have
64-bit LFS code in some of the VMD file reader plugins, but I don't
think that this has made it into our Gromacs readers quite yet.
(I assume that "traj" in this case refers to a Gromacs .trj file?)

Thanks,