From: Vlad Cojocaru (vlad.cojocaru_at_mpi-muenster.mpg.de)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2011 - 09:25:33 CDT

Dear VMD users,

I am looking into buying a workstation and I would like to add 3D
visualization support for VMD and other molecular visualizers using the
NVIDIA 3D Vision kit.

Currently, I have one workstation with Quadro FX3800 and the setup works
fine for me both with single and dual monitors (Samsung 120 Hz).

I was wondering however if Quadro FX1800 would also work ?
I know it support only a single monitor but I found conflicting reports
on whether it works with 3D in linux or not..

Thanks for sharing your experience
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine