From: Patrick Ladam (ladam_at_smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 05:14:14 CDT

Hi again,

For those who had a problem with numpy module not found when issuying
gopython. Here is the recipe given to me by John Stone (Thank you so
much): vmd 1.8.1 needs to match python 2.2.2 exactly, so just install
2.2.2 and you're all set. After the install, just check your install
is OK by typing (under Tcl): python -V, you must have: Python 2.2.2
And then make your day:
vmd > gopython
Info) Starting Python...
Info) Text interpreter now Python

PS: Don't forget the site-packages of course if you make a python
install in /usr/local

Bye

| Patrick LADAM                   |                               |
| Laboratoire CSSB                |     THE BIG BANG THEORY:      |
| UFR SMBH                        |                               |
| 74 rue Marcel Cachin            |   In the begining there was   |
| 93017 Bobigny CEDEX             |        nothing at all.        |
| e-mail:                         |                               |
| ladam_at_smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr |      Then, it exploded...     |
| Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85     |                               |
| Fax: 01 48 38 77 77             |                               |