From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 22:39:14 CDT

Ioana,
  Type "exit" and you'll return back to the VMD prompt.
In general, any program you run from within the VMD console
will take over (freezing VMD itself) until you exit the 2nd
program. You can background jobs that you start from within
VMD when you start them, but in general I'd recommend just
doing that stuff from a separate shell. The behavior on Windows
is very different, so that is another story altogether.

Just FYI, I'm still out of town, but I found an internet cafe
so I thought I'd catch up on email very quickly.

Thanks,