From: Markus K. Dahlgren (markus.dahlgren_at_yale.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2011 - 08:24:52 CDT

Hi Shome,

You need to create a topology file of the ligand that has the following parts:
MASS of all atomtypes
Atom names, atomtypes, atomic partial charges and total residue charge.
All bonds,
All impropers

Then you need to match the atom names in the topology to the atomnames in your
pdb file.

Finally you need to append all parameters that belong to your ligand to the
parameter file. These parameters you find in any force field parameter list
(CHARMM, OPLSAA, AMBER, etc). You need to use the same forcefield for your
protein, ligand and solvent.

The topology file is described in detail in the NAMD tutorial. Once you
have the
topology you can create a psf file of the complex.

Good luck!
Markus