From: Neelanjana Sengupta (senguptan_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2011 - 23:07:07 CDT

Dear John, Axel and Jim,

Thanks for your comments. I have the foll. points to make:

1. There are times when a NAMD job crashes inadvertently (system went down;
not enough disk space; etc). Since the .xsc is written out only at the END
(last step) of the simulation, one would never get it in such cases.
Wouldn't it be great if NAMD offered the option of writing out a
'cumulative' .xsc on the fly?

2. I specifically needed the .xsc for a NAMDenergy calculation with the -PME
option. Can the VMD guys modify the NAMDenergy.tcl script such that the cell
basis can be optionally taken from the .dcd itself (provided, of course,
that the origin is constant and can be provided)?

*I am also copying this message to the vmd mailing list.*

Regards,
Neelanjana