From: Kirby Vandivort (kvandivo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 29 2011 - 10:13:48 CDT

Irene,

I had mentioned last night via email that didn't make it to the list:

The highlighting code in Multiseq has been prone to having little "quirks" like
this for some time, and it is definitely possible that you've found another one.

 From working on this this morning, for version 1.9, it looks like MultiSeq
behaves as follows:

If you select individual residues, you can select as many as you want, across
screens of data, and everything seems to work as expected. You can select
individual, contiguous residues and work your way up to a "region". However, if
you try to use the mouse to click-n-drag, it looks like MultiSeq allows you to
have one area selected at a time via click-n-drag.

This isn't the idea way that we would want MultiSeq to behave moving forward.
Thanks for the note on it, and I'll add that to my list of things to look into
when I have a chance.

And, we always recommend upgrading to the latest version to see if any bugs you
might experience are already fixed. :)

Kirby

--
Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and
Senior Research Programmer            Computational Biophysics