From: Phelan Jr., Frederick R. Dr. (frederick.phelan_at_nist.gov)
Date: Fri Mar 25 2011 - 12:34:01 CDT

NEVER MIND - of course solved it 30 seconds after I sent this ...
FP

---
I have a LAMMPS trajectory file that I would like to save individual frames from at various points in time, so I can then read them all back in eventually as a sequential overlay (the trajectory is for an individual molecule).
The manual says:
Saving Trajectory Frames
Using the Save Coordinates... menu item, you can write trajectory frames to a file in one of several file formats including PDB, DCD, Amber CRD, etc. This feature may be used to write out a new trajectory in a single file after assembling many frames from different sources (such as PDB CRD, DCD or Gromacs files, or even from a remote simulation). You can also use this, in combination with the molecule file browser as a way to make PDB files from a DCD/CRD trajectory.
However, the File > Save Coordinates ... menu option is always grayed out when you read in a trajectory file.
Is there a reason I am getting this options grayed out ... is there a scripting workaround?
Thanks,
Fred Phelan
________________________________
Frederick R. Phelan Jr., Ph.D.