From: Stephen Cox (stephen.cox.10_at_ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2011 - 13:28:41 CST

hi

the i've been using the clonerep plugin for a while now and it works pretty
well. I was just wondering how I could make a movie out of all the frames i
have loaded in as separate files (or more accurately, render each frame as I
can deal with making a movie once I have these). I tried the script below:

foreach f [lsort [glob *.xyz]] {
    mol new $f type xyz waitfor all
        pbc set {47.51 41.14 58.0323395}
        pbc box -width 5 -color yellow
* render POV3 $f.pov*
}
package require clonerep

which kind of works, but obviously I haven't changed any of the graphical
representations. Is there a way I could load in the graphical
representations in the script and then render the image as above? Or is
there a better way, making use of the clonerep plugin?

thanks in advance for any help,

steve