From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 03 2011 - 13:28:03 CST

Hi Susana,
  You would want to set the TCLINC and TCLLIB paths to the locations
of your locally installed Tcl library, e.g. the one in /usr/share or /usr/lib,
or wherever. You don't have to compile with NetCDF if you don't want to,
the Makefile will skip compiling the netcdfplugin if you don't define
the associated environment variables. At present I think the Makefile
assumes Tcl, so you should probably define that one. I will see about
changing that to make this kind of compilation of the plugin tree easier
for people in the future.