From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 12:45:53 CST

Hi,
  For now, Axel's suggestion of editing the plugin's default path is
the best way to go forward. I will see if I can add some new APIs to
the "exectool" plugin to make it easier to set defaults like these
in the vmd.rc or .vmdrc startup scripts. At present, directly editing
the vmdmovie.tcl script is the simplest way.