From: David Huggins (djh210_at_cam.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 07:38:14 CST

Hello,

I am having a problem installing VMD 1.8.7 on my local machine (its i686
architecture). I have downloaded the LINUX version and tried to install
with:

./configure LINUX OPENGL FLTK TK ACTC CUDA IMD LIBSBALL XINPUT LIBTACHYON
VRPN NETCDF TCL PYTHON PTHREADS NUMPY
cd src/
make veryclean (just in case)
make install

However, it doesnt create the vmd binary and the installation reports: "cp:
cannot stat `../LINUX/vmd_LINUX': No such file or directory". It creates
others such stride_LINUX but not the actual vmd binary. I have tried this
without python and this also fails. I have also tried with the python
libraries downloaded from the VMD website and this fails too. I have also
tried to install the older missing libstdc++.so.5 shared library
using compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-61.i386.rpm. I am running scientific linux
5.

Any suggestions for what to try would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave