From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 20:13:47 CDT

Dear Ken,
  The NAMD tutorial was written for use on a narrow range
of Unix platforms, and the authors hadn't had a chance to test it
out on Windows or MacOS X. For the time being, any place you
see commands like "vmd ... -e script" you can perform the equivalent
command inside of a normal VMD session with:
  play script

So, for the command you asked about below, use "play ubq.pgn"
and it should execute the script the same way it would on Linux/Solaris
but with the full GUI running rathr than just text mode.

I'm still working on making the MacOS X versions of VMD support the same
text mode features that the Unix versions do.

Let me know if you need any more help getting things going.

Thanks,