From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2011 - 11:33:34 CST

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:25 AM, ban arn <ban.arn_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear VMD users,
>
> I tried this command & its works
>
> set sel [atomselect top "water within 3 of resid 293 113"]
> $sel num
>
> It gives number of water molecules for one snapshot.
>
> But, I have to loop over the same to all snap shots & get output as txt file.
>
> I am not familiar with tcl scritping.

if you want to use it, you have to learn it; at least some of it!

the VMD user's guide gives some examples for how to loop
over a trajectory, as do some of the VMD tutorials available
from the VMD home page. please help yourself, they are free
and you'll learn something that will become very useful for
you in the future.

cheers,
    axel.

--