From: Salvatore Mario Cosseddu (S.M.Cosseddu_at_warwick.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2011 - 10:27:32 CST

sorry if I post twice but it the first time I post and I don't know how
the mailing list works properly.

load your pdb file on VMD

open the tkcon from the extension menu.

write there

set selection [atomselect top "not water"]
$selection writepdb newfile.pdb

done!

with the first command you select all but the water molecules, (see in
the manual the atomselect command), with the second one you write the
new file

Regards

Salvatore Cosseddu