From: Axel Kohlmeyer (axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 02:13:51 CDT

>>> "ST" == Shantipriya Tenneti <dl_poly_shanti_at_lycos.com> writes:

ST> Dear Mr.Stone,

ST> I have loaded a .xyz file having 1242 atoms & got .pdb as the output..

ST> When I loaded it into VMD.. I saw the molecular structure but then, it only has a single frame.

ST> I even got a history file from DL_POLY having 10 time steps & loaded it into VMD but then it still showed me a single frame.

ST> Am I not doing things correctly? how can I get multiple frames so that I could see the animated molecular structure?

ST> -Shanti

dear shanti,

this should be fixed in the upcoming version 1.8.2 of vmd.
in the meantime you should be able to read your xyz files using
the 'Convert from: XYZ' file type, i.e. implicitely running it through
babel.

hope this helps,
     axel.

ST> Get advanced SPAM filtering on Webmail or POP Mail ... Get Lycos Mail!
ST> http://login.mail.lycos.com/r/referral?aid=27005

Axel Kohlmeyer       e-mail: axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-26673
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/53         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum                   http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de