From: Ramon Crehuet (rcsqtc_at_iqac.csic.es)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2011 - 07:24:03 CST

Dear vmd experts!
I am running VMD 1.8.7 in two dell Workstations Precision T1500. Both run Ubunto
10.04. (Maybe some of the installed or updates packages are different) The
graphics card, detected by VMD is:

Info) Detected 1 available CUDA accelerator:
Info) [0] Quadro FX 580 4 SM_1.1 @ 1.12 GHz, 511MB RAM, KTO, OIO
Info) Creating CUDA device pool and initializing hardware...
Warning) Detected X11 'Composite' extension: if incorrect display occurs
Warning) try disabling this optional X server feature.
Info) OpenGL renderer: Quadro FX 580/PCI/SSE2
Info) Features: STENCIL MSAA(16) MDE CVA MTX NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVF)
Info) Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (8192x8192), 3-D (2048x2048x2048), Multitexture (4)

One of the workstations has 1 monitor, the other has 2 monitors. Displaying the
same proteins, in the frist case I get around 100 FPS and in the second 10 FPS.
Is that normal?
Is there a way to change the settings of NVIDIA driver to increase performance?

Thanks in advance,

Ramon