From: Manish Agarwal (zmanish_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2011 - 17:48:07 CST

It is _indeed_ about visualization! To be able to make "pretty
pictures" and to "see" transitions in a trajectory, for example.

I already have parameters using which I can assign "helix/coil/turn"
to backbone atoms.
(My chain is a carbon backbone with hanging methyls and no hydrogens)

If I want to see everything as a "coil", then
is this the way to start?

set sel [atomselect top all]
$sel set structure coil

can this structure information be used to draw a "newcartoon" or a
"cartoon" for that matter?

In essence is it possible to derive structure information from
anywhere else except STRIDE?

Thanks,
Manish Agarwal
<zmanish_at_gmail.com>