From: Dudo (dudomail_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2011 - 12:16:39 CST

Dear Axel,

my post wasn't intended as a complaint at all. Rather I meant to provide a
solution.

It's may be I'm new to using vmd mailing list. I'm providing additionally
the link to
the thread concerning the problem with .VTF in windows:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/15575.html

The author of the code in fact answered to the discussion, however, the
message of his
post can be comprehensed in the following sentence:

'I have never used VMD on Windows, so I cannot say much more on that.'

Hence I have provided an easy at hand solution which works for me, and
perhaps others
may find it usefull too.

The problem with VTF (and related formats VSF, VCF) has been specified in my
Once again, I can say in simple words that the trajectory which works in
Linux compilation
of VMD causes a crash down of VMD in Windows.

Concerning your further suggestions I agree it can be done in a handfull of
ways.
It's computers.

Best regards,
Dudo