From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2011 - 10:59:34 CST

Hi Francesco,

To make a truncated octahedron box:

a) create a large cubic box of water containing the truncated octahedron
b) create a water selection for the truncated octahedron: you can
select water from a selection based on its position with respect to a
truncating plane. Here is an exemple:

set mywater [same residue as (name OH2 and x + y + z > 100 and 2x - y
+ z < -42)]
This will select water based on two planes whose equations I just made up.

c) save that selection to disk:
$mywater writepdb box.pdb

Cheers,
Jerome