From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2011 - 14:28:55 CST

Hi,
  VMD doesn't currently allow time-varying volumetric models to be
loaded in the same way that you can load a trajectory. That said,
if you're willing to load each volumetric map in a separate molecule,
you can use the "multiple molecule animation" plugin in the
Extensions->Visualization menu to accomplish the same thing.
Let us know if you need more assistance with this.