From: Bharat Kumar (bharat.stanam_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2010 - 18:31:21 CST

Hi Axel,

I think I lacked clarity in my first email.

To restate, I want to minimize a PDB file, which has some broken
lipids.(This particular PDB was generated by MOE on minimization of a PDB
transmembrane protein embedded in a POPC ). Now I tried to generate psf, pdb
using autopsf. The output pdb (file_autopsf.pdb) is less dense, with
approximately half the lipid molecules missing.

And there were formations of some weird bonds at the broken lipid sites. So
I tried to manually remove the broken lipid fragments from the PDB. Then
again I generated psf, pdb using autopsf. This time some of the broken bonds
were absent. But there was no improvement in the lipid molecules.(They were
still half the original number) Can you please suggest how to handle these
broken lipid files? And why is the lipid number reduced? is this because of
bad input file?

I am trying to get acquainted with VMD and NAMD. So I am also trying to
perform simulation using NAMD.

Thanks for your reply.

Sincerely,
Bharat.