From: siddesh southekal (siddeshonline_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2010 - 08:14:25 CST

Thanks for the reply.
yes,Josh is right , moreover this selection can be used to select unwanted
ions apart from water molecules.However,
set sel [atomselect top "{y > -20 and y < 20}] just selects atoms on one
side of membrane
Is there a way to get the length of the y axis ,
(or the maximum length of y-axis ? ) so that i can make the selection for a
particular range ?
thanks,
Siddesh