From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 14:27:04 CDT

Tsu-Fan,
  I'm hoping to get a FreeBSD compile box setup here for doing
VMD testing, but as I'm preparing to leave for Siggraph all next
week, I won't be able to get it done until after I return. I know
some others have successfully built VMD on FreeBSD, so perhaps they
can chime in with a suggestion or two until I'm able to do a build
locally to try it out. One major thing to try would be to run your
compiled binary within 'gdb' and do a 'where' command on it when it
crashes, its probably something very simple...

Thanks,