From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2010 - 10:47:31 CST

dear stephane,

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:51 AM, ABEL Stephane 175950
<Stephane.ABEL_at_cea.fr> wrote:
> Dear VMD users
>
> I have read an old message (02/09) about the Progress Bar for elapsed Time
>
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/13013.html
>
> and dowloaded the corresponding script (display_time_bar.tcl) from the Axel's website. As said before this script is very cool. However, since I am not very familiar with the tcl language, it is not clear to me where the place the following command [format "Time: %f ps" $timestepvariable] suggested by Axel in the display_time_bar.tcl script to show the value of the current time in the progress Bar.

i think at this point there is no more easy way out. if you cannot extract
from the existing script how to modify it, you either have to teach
yourself enough tcl / vmd scripting to understand what this is
all about, or you can hire somebody to write custom code for you,
or you give up. there are good tutorials for tcl (check out www.tcl.tk)
and also for vmd scripting. it will pay off in many ways to learn this well.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer