From: Ioana Cozmuta (ioana_at_nas.nasa.gov)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 21:03:56 CDT

Hi John,

Sorry to get back to you, I've tried all the combinations I could imagine
and ...it seems that I skipped one -the good one :) because I can not get
to select the ions in my file separately.
The ions are named K+ and I want to select all of them at once so I use
K+.*
I want to use something like
set fix1 [atomselect top "resname SPM"]
which works fine, however when I try
set fix1 [atomselect top "resname "K+.*""]
I get
extra characters after close-quote
if I use
set fix1 [atomselect top 'resname "K+.*"']
I get the same error message
extra characters after close-quote
If I use only one set of ""
set fix1 [atomselect top "resname K+.*"]
ERROR) Selection terminated too early
syntax error
ERROR) Bad character:46:.
atomselect: cannot parse selection text: resname K+.*

I've tried to put the "\" character before and after the *, the + etc but
it does not work.

I would appreciate if you could help me understand what exactly does not
work.
Thank you,
Ioana