From: Michael LeVine (mlevine_at_wesleyan.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2010 - 15:36:49 CST

Hi all,

I was running a huge batch of files and two of the MD simulations had
similar names, with the first 15 characters the same and one having an
additional 4 characters. I noticed that when the output files were
written, the DCD file for the longer was overriden by the DCD for the
shorter, but this did not occur for the COOR file. Is there a maximum
number of characters for file names in NAMD? I read on another post
that it was almost "arbitrarily" large, but I looked at the input
files and there are no errors there. Thanks!

Mike