From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2010 - 13:03:11 CDT

Hi,
  It would be helpful if you told us something about _how_ you were
attempting to merge the structures, as you haven't specified anything
about what script or tool you're trying to use to do this. To get any
sort of useful feedback, you need to be completely explicit. Without
such information, nobody can guess what you're doing, nor why it isn't working.