From: Toni Giorgino (toni.giorgino_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2010 - 07:13:21 CDT

Hi,

as long as you are able to get .ppm or .jpg files (on any platform), you may
want to try encoding via ffmpeg. Install the command line utility, go in the
temporary directory where VMD has put the ppm files, then it may be enough
to run something like

ffmpeg -i villin.%04d.ppm out.avi

(You may also try the .mp4 or .mpg extensions.)

Best

--
Toni Giorgino, PhD - toni.giorgino_at_gmail.com - fax +39 0382 1850209
Post-doctoral research fellow - www.multiscalelab.org