From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2010 - 12:35:46 CDT

Hi,
  It sounds to me like something is amiss with your Terminal.app
settings. This is what usually creates problems with clicking the
VMD icon to start it. What occurs when you click the program icon?
No response? Perhaps something else has become the default application
for running .command files? Did you install a new application recently?