From: Ben Roberts (ben_at_roberts.geek.nz)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2010 - 16:55:53 CDT

Hi all,

With VMD 1.8.7 on my Macs (desktop or laptop, running up-to-date versions of Snow Leopard), I get odd behaviour when I try to quit using the keyboard shortcut Command-Q or the "VMD->Quit" command from the menu bar.

Specifically, I get an error message with the text:

   Error:

When I click for more details, it tells me,

   while executing

   "exit"

This message does not appear if I quit VMD from the command line using the "exit" or "quit" commands, or if I do so using the File->Quit command in the "VMD Main" window (in which case I get a further confirmation dialog box).

This problem presents itself in both the CUDA and non-CUDA versions.

In addition, if I try to use "File->Close" from the menu bar, VMD crashes with a "bus error".

Are either of these known problems, and are people aware of any workarounds?

Thanks,
Ben