From: Moulton, Steve (moultonsa_at_ornl.gov)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2010 - 15:43:32 CDT

Greetings,

While running VMD 1.8.7 on a OpenSuSE 10.2 64 bit system but displaying on an OpenSuSE 11.2 64 bit system, I am seeing many messages of the form

XRequest.135: GLXBadLargeRequest 0x2
XRequest.135: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error) 0x2

For various reasons, it is not possible to update the 10.2 system. VMD ran correctly when the display system was OpenSuSE 11.0, but these systems are being upgraded. Setting VMDSIMPLEGRAPHICS is a workaround, but is not quite satisfactory.

Anyone have any ideas how to get around this one? I did try throwing a VNC to no avail, and the X servers don't have the LBX extension (which use to be quite effective at patching up X protocol errors).

Thanks,

Steve Moulton
moultonsa_at_ornl.gov