From: Stefan Oliver (sloliver_at_stanford.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2010 - 14:10:34 CDT

Dear VMD-L Mailing List,

Unusually I'm having a little trouble rendering some images from files
created by VMD. I'm using VMD 1.8.6 and POV-ray 3.62. The images I'm
attempting to render are two molecules with a combination of New Ribbon and
VDW representations. The curious, and frustrating, thing is that if I
render the image in one orientation the VDW representations are correctly
rendered. However, when the molecule is rotated about the X axis by 90
degrees (the top of the molecule is now closest to the screen) the New
Ribbon is rendered but annoyingly the VDW representations are not. I've
adjusted the Near Clip in the Display Settings but this does not help.
Curiously, when I generate the image files directly from VMD all of the
representations are present.

I've done a basic search on the topic but couldn't find anything in the
list. What am I doing incorrectly?

Cheers,

Stefan

Dr. Stefan L. Oliver