From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2010 - 13:03:59 CDT

Ian,

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:30:15AM -0400, Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:
[...]
> However the documentation isn't totally clear: I couldn't find an
> "Object Mode" pull-down, and there is no "Atom" option directly under
> the "Mouse" menu, but trial and error has allowed some progress.

Looks like I need to update a few bits of that text for the current GUI.
The "object mode" pull down referred to there should be replaced with
the "mouse" pull down, and within the mouse menu, there is a "label"
mode submenu that contains the various labelling modes.
I'll have to rewrite some of that text to fix these descriptions...

[...]
> 2. How do I delete incorrect bond selections, and accidental labels?

You can either pick them again, which doesn't actually delete the label
but just toggles it between being hidden or visible, or you can use the
label window to edit them in detail.

Cheers,
  John