From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 19:50:02 CDT

Hi Jim,
  If you just want a small number of waters colored differently, then
the best strategy is to do something like this:
  - create 3 identical representations (say 'lines' for starters)
  - change the atom selection for the first group of waters to select them
    specifically
  - change the atom selection on the second representation for your second
    group of waters
  - change the atom selection for the 3rd representation to be
    not ((selection you used for 1st grp) or (selection you used for 2nd grp))

Once you've got the 3 selections, set the "color by" for each of the
3 representations to be different colors with the "ColorID" setting.
This is exactly why we have the color by "ColorID" coloring method.

Let me know if I've misunderstood what you had in mind.
>From what you wrote this sounds to me like what you want.

Thanks,